Euromonitor International is looking for someone interested in collaborating within a Market Research opportunity. The researcher is tasked with project-based work, working for project managers based out of one of our offices. It is an opportunity that suits self-starting individuals who are available for 35-40 hour per week assignments and who are looking for the flexibility of contract work and the challenge of reporting on consumer markets. You would be involved in all aspects of the research process, such as personal secondary source information gathering, trade interviewing, visits to stores, report writing, and data manipulation, validation and analysis.
Our research addresses the following types of question in order to deliver insightful business intelligence:
- How much fruit juice was sold in your country last year? Why did sales increase/decline over the previous year?
- What companies are the leading players in the shampoo category? What share of sales is held by the leading brands?
- Is there a market for this product in X country? What channels could it be sold through? How should the product be positioned to maximize its potential?
- Why is company X doing better than company Y? What strategy is being employed and how is this supported operationally?
- You are located in a major city in Uruguay, and able to work remotely, are comfortable with contract work, and have access to a personal computer and the Internet.
- You would be available to work 30 - 40 hours a week while in the project
- You would be prepared to be involved in all aspects of our research process, including personal visits to stores, secondary source information gathering, interviewing industry experts, putting together data estimates, and report writing
- You enjoy problem-solving, can work independently, are an open communicator, pay attention to deadlines, and are tenacious in your pursuit of information
- Perform retail audits of major retailers and stores around your city.
- Reviewing and collecting information from secondary sources.
- Researching and recruiting contacts for interviews. Networking to create long-term links with the industry is key.
- Conducting interviews with key players along the value chain: manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, associations, government, etc.
- Creating and analyzing large volumes of market data (MS-Excel) and qualitative information.
- Availability to work throughout the year based on project requirements - likely to require 30 -40 hr per week depending on team needs.
- Generating MS-Word and PowerPoint reports in English.
- Disposition to visit local stores to capture relevant product information and to discuss the industry with key staff.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills
- Interest in market research and tenacity in the pursuit of information
- Fluency in English
- Excellent time-management, organization and self-motivation skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to unexpected changes in project scope, starting dates, etc
- Continuous training in our market research methodologies via online courses and selected live training sessions.
- Collaboration with an international team across Americas and beyond.
- The ability to contribute to research projects for top multinationals.
Please attach a copy of your current CV. Please give an indication of your salary expectations.