At Zyte, we eat data for breakfast and you can eat your breakfast anywhere and work for Zyte. Founded in 2010, we are a globally distributed team of over 250 Zytans working from over 28 countries who are on a mission to enable our customers to extract the data they need to continue to innovate and grow their businesses. We believe that all businesses deserve a smooth pathway to data
For more than a decade, Zyte has led the way in building powerful, easy-to-use tools to collect, format, and deliver web data, quickly, dependably, and at scale. And today, the data we extract helps thousands of organizations make smarter business decisions, secure competitive advantage, and drive sustainable growth. Today, over 3,000 companies and 1 million developers rely on our tools and services to get the data they need from the web.
As a Data Engineer in the Data amp; Analytics Team at Zyte, you’ll gather, analyze, and interpret data, helping drive data-informed strategies and decisions that will support critical business intelligence functions.
Your contributions will have a big impact on our analytics offering and you will also bring ideas to our data strategy with an emphasis on advocating for processes and tools that lead to higher data quality and adopting best practices.
- Build scalable and reliable data pipelines that collect, transform, load and curate data from internal systems.
- Develop and maintain both data transformation pipelines as well as ad-hoc reports to support business teams and feed our visualization layer
- Develop processes to ensure data quality and integrity.
- Work with business and technical teams to understand their data requirements and provide support in data-related projects.
- Be a proactive member of our data community in order to drive knowledge exchange across the company and moderate on data engineering topics
- Answer open ended questions by extracting deep insights from datasets
- 4+ years of experience in data modeling and architecting pipelines/data warehousing solutions. Experience with ETL/ELT tools such as dbt or Airflow is a big plus.
- Proficiency with SQL
- Experience in understanding, writing and debugging code in Python or similar scripting language
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Strong analytical skills and experience in advanced data modeling - you take raw data from different data sources and turn that into an optimized and scalable data model for end users to consume
- Strong instincts and judgment about the business-side implications of data analyses
Nice to have
- Understanding of Regulations like GDPR, CCPA and managing PII data
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau/Looker/Metabase
- Experience with main ML algorithms (classification, regression, prediction) and understanding of the application of statistics in business, such as forecasting, causations and correlations
Education + Soft Skills
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Good team player, creating environments that work towards shared goals, contributing ideas and accepting change.
- Ability to identify the components of a complex situation or problem, and dissect them into building blocks to develop a system or solution that addresses it.
- Ability to communicate with the different business units and people, helping them spec out what they really need.
- Likes to keep learning new things and jumping into many different projects and systems.
As a new Zytan, you will:
Become part of a self-motivated, progressive, multi-cultural team.
Have the freedom and flexibility to work from where you do your best work.
Attend conferences and meet with team members from across the globe.
Work with cutting-edge open source technologies and tools.