As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to level up our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.PERKS amp; BENEFITS
Competitive salariesBenefitsProfessional Development OpportunitiesFlexibilityAbout the Job:
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team, working closely with our Analytics team to expand and optimize our data and data pipeline architecture. The ideal candidate should have advanced SQL knowledge, experience in ETL processes, and workload management. You will be responsible for manipulating, processing, and extracting value from various sources, including raw event tables and data APIs. Proficiency in programming languages (preferably Python), SQL, and version control software (Git) is desirable. In this role, you will be an integral part of the Analytics team, contributing to data integrity through the development and maintenance of CI/CD tools.Responsibilities
- Support data needs for our analysts in various data initiatives, ensuring consistent data delivery architecture across JamCity games.
- Collaborate on the development, automation, and support of data pipelines for extraction, transformation, and loading.
- Assist in coding, designing, deploying, and debugging Python/SQL tools for data aggregation, processing, and analysis.
- Automate internal data analysis processes and contribute to JamCity's future data science efforts.
- Create educational content to enhance the technical skills of the Analytics team.
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
- Graduates or advanced students in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Strong knowledge of Python and SQL.
- Experience with version control systems (Git).
- Familiarity with workflow monitoring tools (Airflow desirable).
- Desirable experience with distributed systems.
- Desirable experience using Databricks.
- Functional English is desirable.
- Company news and events on our LinkedIn- Company Blog- Employee Feedback on our Comparably page- Find videos on our teams and games on our YoutubeOUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, amp; INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability (in terms of law 19.691), genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to any and all hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has ten studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Montevideo, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.